-ambassador of Selecus I of Syria
- came to court of Sandrokattes (Chandragupta maurya)
- Described Social and administrative conditions under the Mauryas
* HIUEN TSANG (Chinese) [629-645]
- Visited the court of Harshavardhana
- Came through Tashkent and Swat Valley
- Came along with Mahmud of Ghazni
- Known as Founder of Indology
- Wrote Tarikh al Hind
* IBN BATTUTA (Morrocan) 
- Ibn Battuta was appointed a Qadi, or judge, by Muhammad bin Tughluq.
* NICOLO CONTI (Italian) [1420-1421]
- Came during the rule of Devaraya I of Sangam dynasty of Vijayanagar empire.
* ABDUL RAZZAK (Persian) [1442-1445]
- Ambassador of Shahrukh of Timurid Dynasty
- Came during the rule of Devaraya II of Sangam dynasty of Vijayanagar empire.
* AFANASY NIKITIN (Russian) [1469-1472]
- A Russian merchant who documented his Indian visit in a narrative, 'The Journey beyond Three Seas'.
- He had visited the Bahmani Sultanate.
* DOMINGO PAES (Portuguese) [1520-1522]
- Came during the rule of Krishnadeva Raya (1509-1529) of Tuluv Dynasty of Vijayanagar empire.
* FERNAO NUNES (Portuguese) [1535-1537]
- He was a chronicler and horse trader.
- Came during the rule of Achutya Deva Raya (1529-1542) of Tuluv Dynasty of Vijayanagar empire.
* WILLIAM HAWKINS (British) [1609-1611]
- He was an ambassador of King James I.
- Visited the court of Jahangir
* THOMAS ROE (British) 
- He was the ambassador of King James I.
- Arrived at Jahangir's court. By 1618, he succeeded in obtaining two farmans confirming free trade.
* PIETRO DELLA VALLE (Italian)[1623-1624]
- Pietro Della Valle visited the King Vekatappa Nayaka of Keladi in India.
* SIR WILLIAM NORRIS (British)
- He was the Company's ambassador to the Mughal Empire.
- Visited during Aurangzeb's reign.
Courtesy : IAS OUR DREAM