Neyveli Lignite Corporation (NLC) proposes to set up new units in the country including Uttar Pradesh, whose details are given below:
2. Coal based Sirkazhi thermal power project in Tamil Nadu (4000 MW in 2 stages).
3. Lignite based thermal power projects at Rajasthan viz.,
I. Bithnok (Barsingsar Expansion) Power Project with a capacity of 250 MW and
II. Hadla Lignite Power Project (Barsingsar Extension) with a capacity of 250 MW
The steps taken by NLC to improve its performance and operations in order to fulfill the eligibility criteria for attaining Maharatna status are as follows:
1) It has attained Navratna status.
2) The company has been listed on Indian stock exchange
3) It has achieved annual net worth around Rs.10,000 crore.
4) The average annual turnover during last three years is around Rs.4500 crore and falls short of the eligibility criteria of Rs. 20,000 crore.
5) The net profit after tax is around Rs.1300 crore as against the eligibility criteria of more thanRs. 2500 crore.
Though NLC does not presently meet the criteria for becoming eligible to attain Maharatna status. However, it is forging ahead in all fronts and with its expansion activities, the company is poised for substantial growth in future.
Source : Press Information Bureau