- "Preamble is a microcosm of the Constitution and is a key to the constitution"
- "Poor people who wander about, find no work, no wages and starve, whose lives are a continual mud of sore affliction and pinching poverty, cannot be proud of the constitution or its law." - Dr. S. Radhakrishnan on Democratic Society
- "The only possible, real object that we, in common with other nations, can have is the object of co-operating in building up some kind of a world structure, call it one world, call it what you like." - Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru on Fraternity
- "Political democracy cannot last unless there lies at the base of it social democracy. What does social democracy mean? It means a way of life which recognizes liberty, equality and fraternity which are not to be treated as separate items in a trinity. They form a union of trinity in the sense that to divorce one from the other is to defeat the very purpose of democracy. Liberty cannot be divorced from equality, equality cannot be divorced from liberty. Nor can liberty and equality be divorced from fraternity"
- "We have always said that we have our own brand of socialism. We will nationalize the sectors where we feel the necessity. just nationalization is not our type of socialism." - Mrs. Indira Gandhi on Socialism
- "All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one-another in a spirit of brotherhood." - Article-1, UN Declaration of Human Rights.
- "in a brief and pithy form the argument of much of the book, and it may accordingly serve as a key-note." - Ernest Barker on Preamble to the Constitution of India
- "... an India in which the poorest shall feel that it is their country in whose making they have an effective voice, ... an India in which all communities shall live in perfect harmony. There can be no room in such an India for the curse of untouchability or the curse of intoxicating drinks and drugs. Woman will enjoy as the same rights as man." - Mahatma Gandhi in 'India of my dreams'
FEATURE H&FW B. Narzary * Reducing the maternal and infant mortality rate is the key goal feature of the Reproductive and Child Health Programme under the National Rural Health Mission. Several initiatives have been launched by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare under the Mission including Janani Suraksha Yojana , a key intervention that has resulted in phenomenal growth in institutional deliveries with more than one crore women beneficiaries annually. JSY was launched to promote institutional deliveries so that skilled attendance at birth is made available and mothers and new born babies can be saved from pregnancy related complications and deaths.