- A green innovative concept with a vision to turn all urban habitats eco-friendly and sustainable.
- Concept evolved at the behest of the President of India, which encompasses environment management and empowerment of local communities to create eco-friendly sustainable urban habitats via participation of stakeholders and union of partnership programmes.
- Started on July 25, 2008, the programme aims to make the President’s Estate a model in green, energy efficient and zero waste model township for all other habitats across India.
- Conserve water and promote its reuse and recycling.
- Conserve energy and encourage use of new and renewable sources of energy.
- Improve waste management systems and to promote the 3 R's viz; Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
- Control air & noise pollution.
- Expand Green cover and conserve biodiversity.
- Make residents of urban habitats more responsive to eco-friendly life styles.
Source : www.gktoday.in